In 1893, residents of Park Ridge, then known as Logan Ridge, lobbied the government for a provisional school, however later took matters into their own hands and built Park Ridge Provisional School themselves. The school was of slab construction with hessian walls, good floorboards and a bark roof that was eventually overlaid with tin. The residents, who according to the school inspector were Yorkshiremen, had also built comfortable cottages, fenced paddocks and gardens and brought considerable land under cultivation. Thus, the school inspector recommended that the school be built and the teacher housed at Mrs Hillaby’s house nearby, as she had the best house in the district and no children.
Park Ridge Provisional School opened on the 23rd of April 1895 and became a state school on the 1st of January 1909. It was located on the corner of Rosia Road and Beaudesert Road and members of the school committee included Henry Hillaby, James Calam and Isaac Mayes. The school had started with 19 pupils and one teacher – Carolyn Marks – who transferred from Stockleigh and taught from 1895 to 1901 when she got married. Her grandfather, William Norris, was also one of the original settlers of the region and owned Mun Ruben.
However, the school building did not have ant capping and by 1907, white ants had eaten from the steps to the rafters. Inspector Shirley recommended a new building be built at government expense, given that locals had built the original building. However, Inspector G.M. College observed the disused Browns Plains School – which had closed in 1902 due to low attendance caused by a major drought – while passing through the area and suggested relocating it to Park Ridge. This suggestion was only acted upon in 1911, and the building was relocated near the corner of Park Ridge Road, on an acre of land that Franz Seeleither had donated. The relocation of the building, toilets and fencing was undertaken by Contractor John in June 1911. The land was formally acquired by the Department of Public Instruction in February 1913, however, the school’s enrolment fluctuated and was closed from time to time, with a formal reopening in July 1918. There were also closures between 1923 and 1926, with suggestions to relocate closer to Browns Plains but that was never put into action.