Local Sporting Champions continues to support more aspiring young sportspeople than ever before, with Bert van Manen MP encouraging families in Forde to apply for the next round of the popular grants program by 31 December 2019.
“Local Sporting Champions provides an opportunity for aspiring young athletes from Logan to take part in high level competition,” van Manen said.
“This program supports families to meet the costs associated with attending sporting competitions such as competition entry fees, travel, accommodation, uniforms or equipment.”
Previous Logan West recipients include:
- Lillyana Rennie (Boronia Heights) – Netball
- Alyssa Littler (Greenbank) – Swimming
- Samuel Asmus (Chambers Flat) – Motocross
- Sophia Asmus (Chambers Flat) – Motocross
- Monet Broughton-Ferris (Chambers Flat) – Australian FootballLocal Sporting Champions continues to grow, with the Morrison Government announcing a funding boost in 2018-19 of $11.8million over four years. Funding starts at $500 per grant, with additional provisions for longer distance travel.
“Local Sporting Champions is about removing some of the barriers for children chasing their big sporting dreams,” Minister for Youth and Sport, Richard Colbeck, said.
Local Sporting Champions has already delivered more than $30 million in grants to more than 52,000 young Australians.
For more information on Local Sporting Champions grants, including the eligibility criteria and to apply, visit www.sportaus.gov.au/lsc