Whether you’re graduating from High school, college or university, the Transition to Work program is designed to help you navigate the often complicated path into your career of choice. The federal government program is described as “an employment service to support young people aged 15-21 on their journey to employment.” The service provides intensive, pre-employment support to improve the work-readiness of young people and help them into work (including apprenticeships and traineeships).
Logan West has plenty of great employment agencies along Grand Plaza Drive who can help you into the pre-employment training that is right for you – including Transition to Work.
Services for Young People
- Transition to Work is focused on building a young person’s skills, confidence and readiness to enter employment. To achieve this Transition to Work providers will help young people:
- develop practical skills to get a job
- connect with education or training
- find and complete work experience placements
- find job opportunities in the local area
- connect with relevant local community services.
Services for Local Employers
Transition to Work providers will deliver high quality services to employers to ensure young people meet their needs and are supported to settle into a job. Services include:
- pre-employment skills for participants that is directly relevant to the needs of local employers and the local labour market
- work experience placements for eligible participants to assess a young person’s suitability for a job
- negotiating Youth Bonus wage subsidies of up to $10,000 (GST inclusive) with employers who offer young job seekers ongoing employment
- post placement support to ensure a young person settles into a job and the employer’s expectations are being met.
Visit https://www.employment.gov.au/transition-work for more information