Top 5 Tips for Wedding Speeches
We have all been to at least one of those weddings where everything is going great until the speeches commenced. You know the one I mean. As soon as the Father of the Bride say’s, “I don’t have much to say”, you cringe.
Here are the top 5 tips for delivering stirring wedding speeches.
- Be prepared – don’t wing it and stick to the point
- Add emotion, tell stories and add humour but limit the inside jokes
- Speeches shouldn’t be longer than 5 minutes – seriously
- Know your audience and make sure your jokes and stories are appropriate
- Makes sure you can be heard. If there is a microphone, use it correctly by holding it to your chin. And remember to speak slowly.
- Bonus tip: Don’t drink too much beforehand.
If you stick to those points you can ensure your speeches (and wedding) will be memorable for the right reasons.