Do you have a neighbour that you’d like to help out?
Or a parent from school that you like to do a good deed for?
Or a park you want to see cleaned up?
Park Ridge Connect might be able to help you get it done.
Over the last few months, Park Ridge Connect has been developing a new service called Park Ridge Connect Projects.
“We’ve actually been trying to get this going for the last couple of years”, said project co-ordinator, Paul Jackson. “The goal is to connect local projects with local people to help get more done together than we could apart.”
Using volunteers from Park Ridge Baptist Church, PRC has been able to get started by sending out more than 100 local volunteers to take care of 20+ projects so far this year.
Projects have included:
- Yard Work – mowing, trimming, rubbish removal and gardening
- House Work – cleaning, washing windows, tidying cupboards, vacuuming
- Cooking – making meals for families in need and charities, cooking cakes and biscuits.
- Craft – making ‘Blankets of Love’ for Logan hospital.
- Park/School Clean Up – picking up litter and green waste in our public parks and schools
- Welcome Packs – delivering Welcome Packs to new residents
Local businesses have also been keen to add value to the projects by donating goods, equipment and labour.
Park Ridge Connect is now looking for new project submissions from the community. The basic idea is that if you see something in the community that you’d like to do something about, you can submit the project and PRC will do what it can to give you volunteers and resources to help get the good deed done.
Volunteers can join the PRBC team on the first Sunday morning of the month or form their own team to take care of projects at other times. Individuals, families, businesses and community groups are invited to register their interest in submitting projects or volunteering by emailing email@example.com or calling Paul on 0410 583 291 for more information.